It’s the people working with us that put the FUN in FunGuy Studio. The company offers every gamer’s dream job, not to mention a FUN place to work, competitive compensation plan, and fellow game lovers like you who are highly-skilled professionals and can help you in your personal and professional growth.
Our team is composed of some of the industry’s highly-driven, most talented and creative people. If you want a FUN career, check out the list below for our job openings.
Want to join our awesome team?
Start your gaming career at FunGuy Studio.
1. Senior PHP Developer:
Mandatory skills/ Technologies:
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL/ New SQL solutions, such as Hypertable, MongoDB, Couch DB, Membase, Redis, Cassandra, H-Base &BDB
- MVC Framework(s) CodeIgniter a must, Node.js, DataMapper, Socket.io/COMET/Tornado, Memcache
- SVN/ GIT Version control/ App Deployment
- Ability to lead large, distributed technical teams as well as actively interface with senior leadership team
- Experience in implementing complex end-to-end technical solutions
- Ability to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction including business strategy, product strategy, technical design and implementation
Desirable skills/ Technologies:
- Ability to produce great CSS design, and familiarity with CSS compilers such as LESS or SASS
- Photoshop / Illustrator design skills
- Mobile App Development
- Java layer RST/ SOAP
- Google Maps API
- Ruby & Python
- Amazon EC2 Cloud Computing optimizations
2. Senior Front End Developer:
- Back-end engineer that is equally comfortable coding 100% client-side and working with JSON data cross-domain.
- Strong understanding of MVC & OOP
- Intimately familiar with GIT (we’ve transitioned the team to JIRA/BitBucket(GIT))
- Someone that can think through, design and produce pleasing and easy to use UX/UI in HTML/CSS.
- Eagerness to explore new technologies such as Node.js
- Experience with build tools Grunt/Yeoman/Brunch
3. Customer Web Support:
- Support the Customer Service manager
- Answer customer support emails
- Website cross browser testing
- Administration tasks
- Website content entry using content management system
- Full time role
- Impeccable written and spoken English
- High attention to detail
- High computer literacy
- Develop high level of proficiency in using our Content Management system to be able to provide assistance to customers
- Experienced in cross browser website testing.
- Background on CSS, HTML, Meta tags, and WordPress CMS tool
4. Project Manager:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent client and people management skills
- Excellent understanding of website development and new media technologies
- Strong technical background (web development)
- Preferably experienced with PHP
- Willingness to learn and expand on skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver complex projects under time pressure
- Experienced in managing the delivery of multiple complex web-based projects at the same time
- Experienced in delivering regular reporting and management information relating to the effectiveness of project delivery
- Experienced in dealing with all business stakeholders and updating them regularly on project delivery
5. C++ Developer:
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering graduate
- With at least 2-3 years of experience in games development
- With intermediate or high-level expertise in the C/C++ programming language and the math involved
- Able to work with Microsoft Visual Studio tools
- Able to work on existing codes
- Possesses excellent code debugging and troubleshooting techniques
- With strong problem-solving skills and keen attention to details
- Shaders and 2D/3D graphics programming is an advantage
- Highly self-motivated; able to work with minimum supervision; team-player
- Fluent in verbal and written English. A Filipino citizen or holding relevant residence status.
- Able to present a sample of source codes and executable files of previous projects written in C++ (as the company may require during the interview).
6. Android Developer:
- Must have 4-5 years of working experience in J2ME, Java Wireless Toolkit and Android SDK/ XCODE.
- Experience in UI Development and in Objective C
- Must be a gamer and is interested in games development
- Familiarity/prior experience developing mobile applications using other relevant SDKs
- Technical know-how of J2ME, iPhone, RIM, WinCE, Symbian – is a plus
7. Unity 3D Developer
- At least 2-3 years in software/game development, extensive experience (at least 1 year experience) in developing games with the Unity 3D engine
- Must be familiar with OOP concepts - Exceptional 3D Math/Physics skills
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Social gaming background
- Experience developing native apps for iOS and Android
- Python knowledge
- Has experience with MySQL
- Familiarity with JSON
- A passion for creating and playing video games
8. Flash Developer:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Flash development, preferably in games
- Flash CS5, ActionScript 2 and 3, XML, HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong understanding of latest features and best-practices when developing for the Flash platform.
- Experience in full cycle software development including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
- Familiar with principles of object-oriented programming and implementation of software design patterns on a consistent basis
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a collaborative environment with designers and developers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details, organization and time/project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
9. Live Operation’s Manager
- The Live Op’s Manager will head live operations up in Manila and report into the Production team in Phoenix.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Not-a-novice gamer: you’ve been in the industry for a few years, having worked on successful games in a live operations capacity. You’ve built up a resume of breaking through barriers and getting things done.
- Results-oriented: you’ve got a clear view of the obstacles that dot your path and a solution-focused plan for overcoming them; you succeed by discovering ways to address previous roadblocks so that other teams don’t stumble at the same point and you offer up suggestions to get them fixed.
- Innately insightful: you grasp the nuances of technical problems instantly; with your cognitive versatility, when presented with a blocker, you immediately generate solutions and rapidly determine the best approach to improve customer experience.
- An analytical manager: you’re already biased towards data-backed and process-driven decision-making; you identify critical issue paths and prepare detailed team progress reports, painting a complete picture of the live pipeline in order to make crucial suggestions to the rest of the live Ops team.
- Crazy for gaming: you play several online games and can wax nostalgic about the first time you toppled an end-boss; you may hurl invectives at your screen once or twice when a four-hour download doesn’t even load, so you understand what player-focused live delivery really means.
10. Game Producer
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent level of experience
- Keen interest in the casual gaming market
- 3-5 years of experience in a producer role in video games
- Experienced in managing teams and delivering products on time and on budget
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; very well-organized
- Responsible, result-oriented, able to work under high pressure and to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Good leadership and team spirit
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills